Sunday, January 24, 2010

I am here.

With my handwritten journal, it is easy to know when that journal needs to be sealed and put to rest as all the pages become stained with ink. However, with a blog online, it isn't always as easy to know when the blog needs to be put to rest, so that fresh energy in a new blog can be utilized as a blog can go on forever. Still, my old blog has been sealed and closed for eternity, and I am here.

I am a person who needs a place to write in every arena I can find to perform in. This means I am constantly composing music in my head until I find my keyboard, writing poetry on napkins while eating supper only to stuff the napkin in my pocket until I get home, an on-going novel in process on the computer, short stories throughout my leather bound journal, and of course, a blog for those quick thoughts, or the times that you just don't feel like digging the leather bound journal out of its safe bag. This is why I am here.

Writing, to me, is best described as pure freedom in a form similar to that of a constant morphine drip. Writing is the place I run to show all my emotions so that they stay hidden as well as possible to the outside world. Writing, is the best way for me to lift the veil that covers my eyes, the mask that I wear for the world to see. All my fears, tribulations, pain, happiness, and pride can be found inside the pages I write as well as the countless, limitless place a blog offers. So, here I am.

I'm not leaving for quite a while. Pull up a chair, sit, and grab a cup of tea because this is the only place you will learn any of the secrets I hold inside me. I may make you want to run. I may make you want to scream. I may make you smile. I may just be your poster child.

I am here.

1 comment: