Sunday, January 24, 2010

Stitches Fading Away

Stitches Fading Away

A twisted, tormented thought turns

Unraveling and coming apart

Holding me prisoner inside my own body

Scared, shaking, sacred, sadistic skin

Begging for your warmth

To ease the pain, distinguish the fire

Flood my soul with purity

Marking whole this fragile soul

Is it possible to mend my wings

Without breaking them off completely

Is it feasible to believe in promise

That one day this soul will fly free

Is it pre-determined, does fate already know

Where my last days shall be spent

My soul is soaring above the skeletons

Of the loved ones I lost

Suicide is bleeding into my heart

Cancer is corroding my core

Still they scream at me to fly over

And forget the pain

Yet, I can't hear anything but the scars screaming in agony

I walk into the graveyard

Stumbling over the stones

Like a toddler, trying to find my legs

To walk away into a new day

My life haunts me like a song

Played in a morbid, minor key

I'm not able to move right now

Just to fall upon my knees

Begging these skeletal remains

To show me guidance and light

Yet, within the deep darkness

I still get lost each and every night

Love is hard to believe in

When your loved ones have

Been taken or walked away

And I live in this truth every fucking day

Solitude is silence, but mercifully so

Silence is slavery, the all time low

One day I will understand

All the past that haunts me

I'll learn to fly above the fight

And never ever look into the night

My stitches will be removed

My bandages will fade away

Ill break away and soar

Bright as sunshine into a new day

No comments:

Post a Comment