Monday, March 15, 2010

4 days in 11 days.

My best friend will arrive in 11 days. She is coming from Cleveland, Ohio to pick up all of Skylar's old clothes. Overnight, Skylar outgrew all her clothes. She went from a size 12 to a size 1 in Juniors. It kills me inside a little bit that I can no longer go into the children's section to buy clothing. I can no longer know a specific size and just pick up cute clothes. She has to try everything on now. 


Regardless, it is getting me a visit from my best friend. I was going to mail them up, but there is simply too many clothes for that, and we haven't seen each other in three years. Angie is bringing her 2 little girls down too. Skylar will have such a good time having someone to play with. She is also bringing her new puppy, Daisy. 


I am so excited. Angie LOVES waterfalls, so when she comes down....Im going to take her on a waterfall tour and show her all of our waterfalls. It will give Skylar and Jewell (her oldest who is Sky's age) some time together to collect rocks, bugs, and whatever else they find. Her youngest Alexis...is more of a prissy girl so I think she may be bored....but we will see.


Im so excited. Usually, we leave the kids home when we get together so that when we are together, we can do whatever we want without taking the kids into consideration, meaning....we like to hit the bars. This time will be different. Im really looking forward to it. Our kids love each other as much as we love each other. All three of them are counting the days down, just like we are. Its surreal to see our kids so excited. We honestly didnt think about how much the three of them love each other. 


We were greedy with our time together. We get together, and drop off the kids with either her mom when I go up or my mom when she comes down. Granted, Saturday night, all three girls are staying with my mom so we can have a "grown-up" night out. However, the majority of the time will be the two of us with the three girls.


It is going to be such a fun time, and Im so excited to see my best friend. These times are precious. It stinks having a best friend 500 miles away and only having the comfort of the phone in our hands when we talk. Now, we are getting 4 days of face to face time. Eleven days seems forever away.

No comments:

Post a Comment