Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Sisterhood

I do not like that you cannot write a post on blogger and keep it private like you can in livejournal.....but that isn't what I am here to write about.

I had the greatest weekend that I can remember having in a VERY long time. My best friend, Angie, came down from Cleveland, OH with her two little girls, Jewell (12) and Alexis (8). I had so much fun. Sometimes, it takes looking at yourself inside another person to truly see yourself. Thats how Angie and I are. We are extremely similar in all the BIG ways of life, and how we choose to live our lives. We raise our children similarly. We know that all we have is ourselves to keep our heads above water. We know how to let go from time to time, and just do whatever it is that our heart tells us to do. We know the things that make us happy, and we are not willing to compromise those things for anything or anyone in the world, except our children. I see us both as strong willed, minded women who may die alone someday, but they will never have to say I settled. Even our conscience is similar, because we spend some time questioning and weighing the pros and cons of settling for the sake of our children while trying to find our happiness. 


We both have had that one true love that no one else in the world will ever compare to. However, we have both also been "that girl" that hurt someone who truly loved us because we were searching for "that one". Our lives stay interesting to say the least. We have commonality. We are both as scared as love as we are as anxious to find our happily ever after. We are the type of people that "I love you" scares us. We've simply left people behind, just as they have left us behind, and most of the time....we dont look back either.


We think differently than most people. There arent many people in this world who are like us. Its hard to find someone you can relate to in this life, and someone who knows what you are thinking, what it feels like, or what the fuck to do in the situation we are in to always come out on top. Its more of a sisterhood. A sisterhood of being moms, different, free, chaotic, strong, sarcastic female with a backbone. 


She pulled out of the driveway this morning...and I miss her already.


Tasha hates having company. She hates being around a bunch of kids. Sometimes, I wonder how the two of us can be so different, and still love each other. Shes just happy not to have anymore kids in the house. Shes ready for a little peace and quiet, while I miss the loudness already. This bothers me...but, hey, thats who she is, and I respect that. I just never want to be that person.


This weekend was just great fun. We had Skylar's birthday party, which was a success and a LOT of fun. She had a few kids spend the night. We had kids everywhere all weekend, so I can understand Tasha wanting a little peace. I have to admit, maybe I do too....for a day. I like the calm storm I live in. I like that no one is here as I sit down to write otherwise, Id be interrupted every five minutes. I like being alone. Its comfortable. Still, I miss Angie, my mirror. 



My best friend.....standing against my mural of Brandon Lee from "The Crow"



No comments:

Post a Comment