Friday, April 2, 2010

The Fabulous Unbirthday Party

We had Skylar's birthday party on March 27, 2010 this year even though her actual birthday is May 18. We did it early because my best friend was in town, and we figured it would be a great time for the kids. There is NOTHING already prepared for Alice In Wonderland. The only Alice related thing I could find were coloring books, which I gave away to each guests. We had a mad tea party, hid a key, bunny, and cheshire cat to find for prizes, had everyone call each other by their name spelled backwards, grilled hamburgers and hotdogs, had them choose which teacup the dormouse was under, and lots of other great stuff. I wanted to play human chess, but we didn't get around to it. It was the best party ever, in my opinion.

After the party, we had Skylar, Madison, Brie, Jewell, Alexis, and Rane spend the night. They stayed two nights. However, Brie stayed three nights. On the third night, my friends Megan and Kasey, let me babysit their 8 month old for the night. I had so much fun. I have wanted a baby for a long time, and trying since October with no luck, but spending time with Emma just made the urge that much stronger.

Without further ado, some birthday pictures.....


Skylar and Alexis (The Red Queen and White Rabbit)


Searching for a Dormouse


The Mad Tea Party


A rare photo of Skylar's father

No comments:

Post a Comment