Friday, February 19, 2010

Night Shift

Today I am feeling better. However, Skylar is sick. She is currently laying in her loft bed watching Disney channel. Tasha brought this cold home. She was sick first, and now all of us have had it. I have a love/hate relationship with Tasha working night shift. She loves night shift. I love it because she is happier, but I hate it because for six weeks it feels like I don't get to go to sleep beside my wife. 

Its nice because I get to do things like bring my wife breakfast in bed, which I did tonight. I can get all our errands and phone calls out of the way. I can do the house cleaned. I have personal time to sit and write. I like these things. I don't even mind the nights she works because I get to watch whatever movie I want those night without her interjecting. 

but.....

I am one of those people who absolutely hates sleeping alone. Honestly, there have been very few nights in my life where I have slept alone throughout the night. I cant go to sleep alone. Maybe this is because I slept with my mom as a kid. Maybe its because they rocked me to sleep. I don't know. I just hate it. Tasha knows this, and she tries to appease me by sitting in the armchair in the bedroom watching TV as I sleep or watching TV in the living room as I sleep on the couch, then waking me when she goes to bed so I can follow. That is true love right there! 

Still, when she is on night shift, I get insomnia worse than usual. I start staying up later and later because the middle of night is the only time I get to see her. 2pm has become 8am in my world. I have started going to bed when I normally wake up. I have no idea how much longer I have until day shift, but I know it is sometime next month. I am eagerly awaiting sleep. Good sleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment