Saturday, February 27, 2010

The Red Queen

Time is counting down quickly. 3-5-10. Skylar and I have been waiting for this day for over a year now. We are so very excited to FINALLY be able to see Tim Burton's Alice In Wonderland. I honestly feel that ONLY Tim Burton can give such a classic, favorite book of mine since childhood, favorite book of Skylar because of me, the glory, ambiance, and twisted visions that it deserves. I have HIGH expectations for this movie, as well as my daughter. I am sure that it will be my favorite movie released this year. There is just something about Alice in Wonderland that makes me want to live in that fantasy if only for a moment while becoming a character portrayed in the book. Every time I read it, I choose a different character to be, and Skylar must really be my child, because she does the same thing. Still, I think my favorite character is the Cheshire Cat.


Skylar's birthday is in May, but she always plans early as I am a parent who goes all out for her birthdays, and her birthdays are similar to Christmas. I always give her two birthdays. One in May, and one in June, always a swimming party. This year, Skylar has decided that her theme would be Alice In Wonderland. We decided that we would all dress as a character from the book/movie, and request the guests do the same if they feel so inclined. So, it is the end of February, and I am already planning the perfect birthday. 


Originally, Sky wanted to dress up as Alice. We decided to get little Dixie cups with "Drink me" for everyone to have their beverages in, and tiny little cakes (maybe cupcakes if I cant get anything smaller) that read, "Eat me". We are going to have little bitty tables set up for everyone to eat on. I also want to have a mock "trial", as well as the dance of animals found in the book. Still, I am waiting on the movie for even more ideas. Of course my favorite line will have to be somewhere visably seen by everyone, "Why is a raven like a writing desk". So far, these are the plans for the party, but everything is subject to change as new ideas roll along. 


The first new idea was that Skylar decided that instead of being Alice, since she isnt a big daydreamer or reader.....she should be the red queen. So, we went to the mall and came up with a red queen outfit. Actually, we just came across it as I noticed Sky outgrew ALL her clothes and didn't even have a pair of jeans to fit. So, off to the mall we went to buy clothes. She got her first two pairs of Abercrombie jeans, size 2....I bought them a little big. She really wears a 0. After shopping more, we just FOUND the red queen outfit, and bought it since there was only one shirt and skirt left. We also got her ears pierced on out little trip. My baby girl is getting to be a big girl. Im thrilled, but I miss my baby so much. 


Now, Introducing THE RED QUEEN









No comments:

Post a Comment