Thursday, February 18, 2010

A sniffle here, A sniffle there

Yesterday, I woke up with a sore throat that rivaled the pain of strep, but I knew it wasn't strep since I take an antibiotic everyday. Still, all day yesterday I laid around in sheer pain with a sore throat, a head that just felt weird and light, and a nose that couldn't do anything except sniffle. When I talk on the phone, people are asking why I am crying because my poor nose has to sniffle every few seconds. I didn't eat yesterday until supper time, which is right before time for American Idol. So, I hopped in the car for comfort food.

Its funny how some childhood things never disappear. McDonald's is one of those for me. Every time I am sick, I must have McDonald's french fries. My mother used to always get me fries when I was sick, and now....I honestly believe its the only thing I can eat when I am sick. Chicken soup is overrated. So, I left to get some fries and stopped at Target on the way to get some cold medicine. 

Skylar and I grabbed cold medicine, a pretty green sundress, a pretty yellow sundress, pajamas, and markers from Target. Skylar was wearing her "Nightmare Before Christmas" hoodie, which is her favorite and getting too small. As we were checking out, the cashier told Skylar that he loved her hoodie, and began asking if she had seen "Sweeny Todd" and/or is excited for "Alice In Wonderland". They began contemplating whether Alice would be better than Nightmare. She proudly told him that her birthday theme this year would be Alice In Wonderland and she was going to the midnight show, if they had one, dressed as Alice while I dressed as The Mad Hatter. 

We left and got to the car, and Skylar said "Mom, that guy was soooo cool. Most of the cashiers just say "I'm sooo ready to leave...blah, blah, blah". And, she's right. Then, off to McDonald's we went.

Skylar, my ten year old, refused McDonald's because we decided to celebrate Lent this year, even though we aren't Catholic, and all she wanted was ice cream which is what she gave up for Lent. I gave up coffee.

Afterwards, we came home and caught the last bit of American Idol. Crystal is my favorite so far, but I LOVED seeing the guy do the acoustic "Straight Up". That was truly an amazing performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment